Pros And Cons
Pros of Zoosk dating:
Cons of Zoosk.com:
Is Zoosk Legit?
How Does Zoosk Work?
- When you register, you're asked to add things to your profile like your preferences, relationship values, personality, etc.
- The site provides a matchmaking service with a Behaviour Matchmaking algorithm that learns your actions as you use the site more and finesses your recommended dates.
- You can also use SmartPick, which helps you find better eligibility and more suitable single people.
Cost Pricing and Plans
|One month subscription||$29.99/ Month||$29.99|
|Three month subscription||$20.00/ Months||$59.99|
|Six month subscription||$12.50/ Month||$74.99|
|180 Coins||$0.11/ Coin||$19.99|
|480 Coins||$0.08/ Coin||$39.99|
Zoosk Special Features
- SmartPick is the algorithm tool that creates tailored matchmaking suggestions based on your activity on the site - you need to use the introductions quickly in any account mode, as they expire if not.
- Dating insights allow you to learn about the common characteristics in the profiles you're attracted to and what you have in common with people you choose to message.
- Connections are a quick way to contact someone you have a personal attraction to, sending a smile or heart.
- Super Send boosts your message, meaning you can chat with multiple people at once.
- Boost is a premium option to increase your profile visibility and ensure more users notice you more quickly.
Security and support
- Our Zoosk dating site review uncovered several reports of spam accounts or profiles that are inactive and haven't been removed from the site.
- You can contact customer support, but they don't always respond.
Our Experience on Zoosk
This platform is a big dating site, and provided you're happy to have a large number of matches to filter through, the membership base means there is a higher than average chance of meeting someone compatible.
The network is hue, the site is easy to use, the apps work perfectly, and there are many features.
While premium membership isn't the cheapest, we found that the intuitive interface and advanced algorithm behavior tracking features add value and help you narrow down your search criteria to find dates you'll want to meet.
Sign Up Process
The Zoosk.com registration process is as straightforward as it gets. When you visit the website, you'll need to fill in a few basics:
- Your gender and sexuality preferences.
- Date of birth.
- Email address and a selected password.
You'll come to a Captcha to verify you're not a bot and then can upload a profile photo, fill in some information about yourself, or import your details from a social media or Google account.
Note that sign-up will check your VPN, so it'll know if you're trying to use a different zip code than your current location
Profiles on Zoosk are relatively detailed, although not everyone bothers to complete that much information.
You can customize fields such as:
- A story (a bit like a background paragraph about what you're looking for).
- Your interests, hobbies, and likes.
- Profile photo - bear in mind this is visible to everyone.
Overall, Zoosk profiles are of decent quality, but you'll need to verify your profile photo to ensure it's authentic.
The site offers a range of matching features, so you can search and browse through your suggested matches or play the Carousel game.
Carousel shows you profile suggestions, and you select yes, no, or maybe, and can further identify whether you'd like to match with or meet that person.
Match means that you'll go through to the SmartPick function, which then customizes your recommendations based on how likely the algorithm thinks you are to date another member.
Contact Other Users
Messaging is strictly premium (not even a limited number of messages in free account mode!). However, you can send smiles and hearts free of cost or purchase some coins and use them to pay for a digital gift.
Other options include matching through the Carousel game - although you must be clear in your profile whether you want to connect for a potential date or are interested in casual hookups.
Most members respond pretty quickly, although there are some unused profiles on the site where you won't expect a reply.